Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 10 October
The 5th Annual General Meeting of the Finchley Victoria Bowling and Croquet Club will be held on Saturday 10 October 2020.
Because of government restrictions on gatherings of more than six people, it is proposed the meeting will be a ‘virtual’ meeting with Members able to raise matters by email or telephone in advance of the meeting.
For the information of Members papers will be distributed in the next few days by email or by post to those Members for which we do not have email addresses. These will cover the following matters:
- Minutes of the last AGM held on 12 October 2019
- Report by the President on the activities of the Club and the Committee since the last AGM.
- The Club accounts for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Subscription Rates for the year beginning 1 April 2021
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Election of an Independent Examiner of Accounts
For any questions or further information please contact:
- the President, Gary Bargroff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07956 546457 or 020 8346 0818
- or the Honorary Secretary, Frank Kelsall at email@example.com, 020 8346 5239 or 07808 063880
Any matters raised by Members will be discussed by the Committee and a response made.
If there are any matters which may require a vote then arrangements will be made for a ballot to be held. Members are reminded that only Full Playing Members and Honorary Life Members are entitled to vote or serve on the Committee.
Members and social members – slow return to play
As we slowly return to normal, we are now inviting our Members and Social Members only to come along and enjoy a relaxing afternoon of Bowls or Croquet.
Play is restricted to specified days via our booking system only and Government restrictions and Club rules will obviously apply.
We hope to be open soon on a full time basis.
For full details please email Gary on firstname.lastname@example.org or
tel: 07956 546457
Fundraising for Covid-19 patients
To those members that subscribe to our FVBCC WhatsApp group, they will know that we have now raised £515 towards our commitment for the purchase of tablets for ‘The Royal Free Trust’ to allow isolated Covid-19 patients who are unable to receive visits to enable them to speak with their families.
If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to donate, you are welcome to do so by the following methods:
- Cheque – Made payable to FVBCC Post: Anna Paganini 13 Pamela Court, Moss Hall Grove, London, N12 8PL
- Bank Transfer – 60-15-20 Account No: 65059794
(Add your surname as a reference)
Club membership for 2020/21 now open
As previously mentioned we are working under huge pressure, determined the lawns are well prepared for the start of the bowls and croquet playing season.
We are also committed to bring our club members:
- new interesting guest speakers
- events and luncheons
- more Kalooki afternoons and tournaments
- table tennis
We hope those and further new initiatives to be introduced later in the year make you proud to be a member of your Club FVBCC, the community spirited club in Finchley.
So, however desperately hard we wish to get everyone playing, our hands are tied due to the coronavirus outbreak.
In view of the above, I really do thank you for your important and much needed spirit of understanding and support, should we be unable to play as long a period this coming season as we would all wish
In the meantime I wish you and your families well, stay safe, enjoy our FVBCC Community WhatsApp page and start polishing your woods and mallets.
Please find the Finchley Victoria Bowling Greens Report April 2020 (Word).